The Texas Trounament Series will now be an INVITATIONAL ONLY event. If you would like to participate, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (be sure and place "Tournament Invitation Request" in the subject line).
Dates will ONLY be disseminated to participants via email.
There are a LIMITED number of invitations to go out. Once they are all out the invite process will be closed. It may reopen in early summer once we get a better handle on the entries actually mailed and response from those who get invitations.
(Email - ProjectTarpon@hotmail.com for Invitation)
(1) Two Individual Weekend Tournaments (with one back-up weekend) - Location Port O'Connor, Texas
(2) Entry Fee $200/boat, includes both weekends.
(3) Four T-Shirts per boat, extras can be purchased.
(4) Four Trophies per Weekend - one entry allows you to possibly win any trophy - Amateur Artificial, Amateur Bait, Fly Rod - boats with professional guides are only eligible to win fly trophy - Last Fish Caught by Angler (individual trophy).
(5) One Perpetual Tournament Series Trophy for Most Oustanding Team during the Tournament as voted on by the Awards Committee which exhibits the best combination of the following criteria: (1) sportsmanship; (2) dedication, initiative, effort; (3) number and size of tarpon caught; (4) stewardship of the resource and (5) overall participation in the tournament experience. [For more information see Rule #14 under Specific Tournament Rules for 2013.]
[No satellite tagging trophy; however, satellite tags will likely be available during the tournament to be placed in your fish.]
For More Information See the RULES PAGE (CLICK HERE)
So what happened to the Tarpon Tomorrow Texas Tournament Series?
For years, Tarpon Tomorrow, Inc. has worked closely with Bonefish & Tarpon Trust (“BTT”) to further tarpon research in Texas. In an effort to consolidate efforts and better promote tarpon research, Tarpon Tomorrow’s active officers and directors have joined the board of BTT. Consequently, the continuation of Tarpon Tomorrow as an ongoing enterprise is no longer necessary.
BTT has never been nor is it interested in being in the business of running fishing tournaments. Consequently, the Tarpon Tomorrow Texas Tournament Series banner must be passed to another entity so that it may continue the furtherance of tarpon research in Texas. In an agreement reached with Tarpon Tomorrow, Project Tarpon, LLC (“Project Tarpon”) will assume the duties of organizing and conducting the Tarpon Tomorrow Texas Tournament Series. The same individuals will be involved in organizing the tournament and participants will see no substantive changes, other than a change in the name of the tournament. Pursuant to Project Tarpon’s agreement with Tarpon Tomorrow, the proceeds, if any, from the tournament will still be used to further tarpon research in Texas and research, education and awareness will remain the tournaments primary objectives.
Tarpon Tomorrow Flags Still Available
Tarpon Tomorrow Release Flags and all rights to the Flag Logo are also being transfered to Project Tarpon.com to use the proceeds for tarpon research. Getting your flag, still shows your support for tarpon research and education.